- Yearly deal numbers fell for the first time, by 18%.
- The total amount invested also fell by 12% from 2015.
- Crowdfunding deals at growth-stage increased 10%, with 80% of these deals being completed by companies crowdfunding for the first time.
- There was no significant drop in deal numbers after the EU referendum, suggesting Brexit has so far had little to no short-term impact on equity investment.
- Investment into early-stage life sciences companies is booming. Seed-stage life sciences businesses saw a 19% increase in deals, and a record £202m invested.
- Wales and Northern Ireland bucked the general trend, seeing a 30% and 8% increase in deal numbers respectively.
Read the full report here
Register now to read full story
In order to read the full story we need you to register with us, please click the link below: