The first half of 2017 saw a record amount invested into UK high-growth businesses, despite deal numbers failing to recover from last year’s slump.
Key findings from the last six months:
- 74.7% increase in amount invested compared to H2 2016, to a record £3.03bn.
- Two of the three largest deals on record, involving virtual reality firm Improbable (£389m) and e-commerce site FarFetch (£313m).
- The number of deals involving non-UK funds rose 26.7% from the previous quarter.
- Deal numbers are down 3.54% compared to H1 2016.
- Later stage companies saw a 7.6% decline in deal numbers from the previous half.
- Deal numbers from crowdfunding platforms were up slightly (2.6%) from H2 2016, but have fallen by 18% in the last three months.
Download a copy of The Deal here
Register / Login now to read full story
In order to read the full story we need you to be registered with us, please click the links below to login or register.
Login / Register