The first half of 2017 saw a record amount invested into UK high-growth businesses, despite deal numbers failing to recover from last year’s slump.
Key findings from the last six months:
- 74.7% increase in amount invested compared to H2 2016, to a record £3.03bn.
- Two of the three largest deals on record, involving virtual reality firm Improbable (£389m) and e-commerce site FarFetch (£313m).
- The number of deals involving non-UK funds rose 26.7% from the previous quarter.
- Deal numbers are down 3.54% compared to H1 2016.
- Later stage companies saw a 7.6% decline in deal numbers from the previous half.
- Deal numbers from crowdfunding platforms were up slightly (2.6%) from H2 2016, but have fallen by 18% in the last three months.
Download a copy of The Deal here
Register now to read full story
In order to read the full story we need you to register with us, please click the link below: